Budget Proudly Supporting Cure Kids
Cure Kids is focused on raising funds to assist medical research in New Zealand for children who are diagnosed with serious life impacting and limiting health conditions. Cure Kids is focused on raising funds to assist medical research in New Zealand for children who are diagnosed with serious life impacting and limiting health conditions.
Established by Rotary in 1971 as the Child Health Research Foundation, they have since invested more than $40 million in New Zealand research. Over the years they have funded research advancements in diseases such as childhood Leukaemia, Long QT Syndrome, Cystic Fibrosis, cot death, genetic research, and severe asthma. Together we are more committed than ever to help find answers to the many cruel, life-threatening illnesses that devastate the lives of young children and their families.
There are many ways to get involved with Cure Kids and make a difference:
Make a donation: even a small one helps in achieving their goal to find cures for children’s life-threatening illnesses.
Participate in their Cure Kids Events: have fun and challenge yourself whilst at the same time supporting a great cause.
Corporate Responsibility: you can support Cure Kids through the organisation you work for.
Contact Cure Kids for more details.
Brand New : Red Nose Day App
This Red Nose Day, Cure Kids is doing something extra special and we would love you to get involved.
The Red Nose Appeal is Cure Kids biggest fundraising campaign, held in September each year. That is why this Red Nose Appeal Cure Kids have created a magical storybook app – an app that allows everyone to help Cure Kids raise funds, while enjoying a precious moment with their children.
A bit more about the App
- The app is interactive, educational and loaded with features like Swipe-to-Read™ so kids can highlight and play back the story at their own pace, Touch-to-Hear™ to have individual words spoken, and Touch-to-Spell™ to hear the letters that spell each word.
- There is both an English and Te Reo version – the English version is narrated by Toni Street and Cure Kids’ ambassador Eva, and the Te Reo version by Stacey Morison. Kids can read along with the narrator, or listen to a loved one read it to them
- The app is available now to download. There is a small cost to download, but all proceeds go to Cure Kids Red Nose Day appeal.
We would love your help
To help Cure Kids achieve their Red Nose Day fundraising target, we need the app to go viral! We would love you to help us show people how magical the story is, and how educational the app is by taking part in a special “story time with…” social media initiative.
Here’s how it will work:
- Cure Kids would love you to film a special moment reading the story to a special child in your life and then post it to your Instagram and Facebook story
- At the end of your reading, nominate someone else to read it to their child. Tag them in and ask them to nominate the next person. “Thanks for the nomination for @curekidsnz #RedNoseDay #storytimechallenge [@name]. [@name], I nominate you to go next!”
- Or, challenge someone to read it better. “Thanks for the nomination for @curekidsnz #RedNoseDay #storytimechallenge [@name]. [@name], I challenge you to do it better!”
- Tag and nominate as many people as you can.
- You can also do follow up stories of your child (or a special child in your life) interacting with the book – colouring in the pages, listening to one of the narrators, learning to spell new words with Touch-to-Spell™ functionality…the more posts you can do the better!