If you're involved in an accident, please do the following:
- Stop and check if anyone has been injured.
- Give all the practical help you can and call an ambulance (dial 111).
- Immediately notify the nearest Budget rental location (refer to the Rental Agreement for contact information).
- If Police Officers have not attended the accident, and injury is involved, you must contact the Police within 24 hours and notify them of the accident.
- If the accident involves damage to property (e.g. a farmer's fence) and the owners cannot be located, contact the Police within 48 hours.
- Fill in the Budget Accident Report Form, located in the vehicle's glove box. Include the name, address, vehicle registration number, and the insurance company of any other person involved.
For your protection, you should not admit liability under any circumstances.
Budget may periodically send email promotional offers and other helpful communications to customers who request and welcome them.
If you no longer wish to receive email communications from Budget and would like to opt-out of Budget email campaigns, please click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email.
All email communications from Budget should have an "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email.
If you've left a personal item behind, immediately phone the Budget location where you dropped off your rental car. The phone number for the location is listed on your Rental Agreement.
Search for Budget Rental Locations in New Zealand.
Please report any lost items at your earliest convenience and we will do our best to find and return them.
Budget rates do not include fuel. Budget offers three options for fuel:
- Return the car with the same amount of fuel as when rented and no refueling fees will apply
- Return the car with less fuel than when rented and pay a refueling service charge for the fuel used. The refueling service charge is a rate higher than the local retail fuel prices. The latest refuelling service rate will be shown on your rental agreement and is subject to GST.
- Purchase the prepaid fuel option
The prepaid fuel option allows the renter the option of purchasing a full tank of fuel at a price competitive with the prevailing local service station rates for regular unleaded petrol. This eliminates the need to refill the tank before the vehicle is returned. There is no credit given for fuel remaining in the vehicle at the time the vehicle is returned so the renter should return the vehicle with as little fuel remaining as possible. The prepaid fuel purchase option must be selected at the beginning of the rental.
If the rental vehicle has a mechanical breakdown, is involved in an accident, or is damaged, you must immediately contact Budget Rent a Car to report the details.
Contact Budget Toll Free - 0800 283 438.
After Hours Toll Free - 0800 500 222.
Please have the following details ready:
- Make, model or colour of vehicle
- Registration number
- Budget Rental Agreement number
- Exact location of vehicle and nature of breakdown or damage
- Contact phone number (if applicable)